Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I hope you dance

Tonight, I went to my West African Dance class, just like any other wednesday...

But today was different. We started a new dance today. A new EXTREMELY upbeat piece. One that took a TON of physical energy to do well.

I don't have too much to say about it, but it was completely freeing. Have you ever had a moment where you're doing something, and the whole rest of the world seems to blur away? That's what dancing is like for me. In this intense dance where I'm literally dancing my heart out, the rest of the world seems to vanish. And it's just me and the music.

God totally knew what He was doing when he created dancing. No wonder people dance as an act of worship, I am sitting here imagining what David felt like dancing for the Lord...nothing else mattered! It was just him, the Lord, and the music...he didn't even wear his clothes! I wanna dance like that! (Maybe keeping my clothes though haha!)

I'm glad God created dancing. I wonder what dancing before God in Heaven will be like...man I can't wait to find out...talk about one amazing party in the sky. Til then I can just keep doing what I can on earth here, but man, what an awesome party to look forward to!

Praise God!

1 comment: