Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 - Year in Review

I saw a fellow blogger do a post like this on her page...and I liked the idea so much that I wanted to do one for myself.

When a new year begins it is so easy to talk about the following:

RESOLUTIONS!

What will be different this year?

How will I be better?


But how often do we stop to smell the roses and reflect on what was wonderful about the recently-completed year? The writer's challenge was to make a list. A list of everything that you are grateful for that happened in 2011. A list of things that made 2011 great. So here's mine.

In 2011.......

- In February, I made a commitment to healthy living and healthy eating...and so far, I've kept it.

- I became a Zumba instructor and it brings sooo much happiness into my life. The ability to use my interests and talents to help others is the best feeling ever. I'm becoming a better me by helping others become a better them. What could be greater than that? 1 Peter 4:10

- I started volunteering at NewSpring Church and have had the opportunity to serve people with the talents God's given me. How rewarding! God is using this to teach me how to be a better servant. Ephesians 6:7

- I became permanent at my job after a year of waiting. I realize that through this, God has taught me about patience. Psalm 27:14

- I am learning how to love myself and see myself through God's eyes...not the world's. I am His child and He wants nothing but the best for His children. It's a constant process to be reminded to love myself, because it's so easy to be critical. But God made me exactly how He wants me to be. It's my job to become the best ME I can be...with God's help. John 1:12-13

- I have made wonderful new friendships, rekindled old ones, and maintained current ones...I thank God EVERY day for my friends. I'd be lost without them. Proverbs 17:17 Proverbs 18:24

2011 was extremely challenging, busy, happy, rewarding, and worth every minute of busy craziness. James 1:17

Take a moment to be still and reflect on what was GREAT about your year, and imagine what WILL be great about this year. And while you're being still, remember that God is God, and God is good, no matter what your year has been like. Psalm 46:10

I encourage you to make a list also. Share it with me in the comment box, if you like. Or make one just for yourself. I promise you won't regret it.

God bless you.

Til next time,
ST

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for all you accomplished in 2011!! You are an amazing chiquilla and I am so glad we still talk almost everyday :) Feliz año nuevo guapa!!

    ReplyDelete