Monday, June 21, 2010

Fear, Part 2

What is it about waiting that makes us lose our minds? This idea of not knowing something and having to wait to find out the answer...it's enough to make most people go batty.

And if anyone tells you that they don't mind waiting...that it doesn't bother them...chances are they're lying.

I was at the Doctor's office on Friday. I waited for THREE HOURS before I was even seen. Everyone I talked to was just in shock of how long it was taking me to get seen. I waited for so long that by the time I was seen by someone, I missed my window of opportunity to get to the nurse I needed to see. So after all that waiting, I didn't get what I needed. I then had to travel to ANOTHER Doctor's office that was still open, wait some more, and finally I accomplished what I came to do.

Now, after all that waiting, I'm STILL waiting to hear back from my checkup. And yes, I'm losing my mind.

But it's kinda crazy...amidst all this waiting and heart racing madness...I hear a still small voice deep within me speaking to me, "Peace my daughter, I know the plans I have for you, Peace, Peace, Peace."

God is so good. I can feel Him holding me as I worry. When I am weak, He is strong.

Here is a link to one of my favorite depictions of God's love for us during our darkest times and our fiercest storms in life. I pray you take the time to check it out, it makes me cry every time.

"Rain"

Until next time,

ST

Let me know what you think about this video or how it touched your heart. Cause it will.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... That was awesome. He has carried me through the latest storm in my life and I trust that he will continue, because He promises that He will. It's so great to know that He is always there with us when we cry out. Stay strong and continue to trust Him. I'm proud to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chase G!!! I'm proud to be your friend too. You're one of the strongest people I know and I think the world could use a taste of the joy and faith that you have. God is doing awesome things in you. Hope to see you soon brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting. story of my life the past year. i hope your results are as magical as my news today. i love you sarah t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too coty :) you're such a great friend I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm so happy for your great news today!

    ReplyDelete