Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

So recently I've been on a big "get in shape" kick. I'm tired of seeing people more fit than me and wishing I could be them. This time, I want to make results happen. So the famous words of coaches everywhere keep echoing in my head...NO PAIN NO GAIN!

Yesterday, I decided to ask my friend to go on a run with me. This friend of mine is very athletic, so in my mind this was a good choice. WRONG. My first mistake was asking a seasoned athlete to go on a run with me. Who was I kidding? I can't keep up with this guy! Well, I tried to keep up with him...only had to stop twice. And by the end of the 30 minutes of running, I was certain my lungs were going to collapse. Motivation to keep going? Yes. Pain? YES. I am sore beyond belief today. But that soreness will allow me to hopefully keep getting better every time I go out (if my legs don't fall off first).

I was thinking about it though, "no pain, no gain" can be applied to lots of areas. It can be applied in the way I've just stated...that without a little bit of pain and muscle tearing, your muscles won't grow bigger and get stronger. Without the pain and hard work of tending to a garden, you won't get food out. Without going through pain and hurt in life, you won't know what true joy is when something extremely great happens.

But the main "no pain, no gain" example that just crossed my mind was that, without the pain and suffering Jesus went through on the cross, we wouldn't be able to receive eternal life and spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

So next time you're feeling a little pain, whether it be stress at work, pain from a hard workout, or whatever context you are feeling pain, remember that sometimes pain can be a good thing...I mean, we owe our lives to the pain that Jesus felt on the cross. Kinda puts it all in perspective a little, right?

What are some ways that you feel pain? Give them all to Jesus! He's a good Daddy like that, he likes to take away his children's pain. So write them all on here and give them to Him!

1 comment:

  1. ¿¿You need personal trainer?? Llamame cuando necesites algun tipo de motivaciĆ³n, vale? vale. venga. hasta ahora.

    ReplyDelete