Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Real World...not MTV style.

So this summer I decided to stay here in Columbia and work full-time at the place where I've been working for a couple years now. I really love my job. I get to do fun things and work with really cool people and actually use the skills that I've learned in school! Not too many people get to use what they went to college for, so I feel lucky that my education is paying off.

Anyway, I am directing this blog to all of you grownups out there in blog land...

How does ANYONE get ANYTHING done in their lives when they have to work a 9-5 job?! I mean, it is so hard to get anything done when the rest of the world goes to work the same time you do, they all get off the same time you do, and by the time you can actually have time to think in the afternoons, everyone is closed!

It seems that the only way some of these things can get done is by taking time off work and losing money so as to get your personal stuff done while the corporate world is still awake and functioning for the day. Why does it have to be that way? Why can't the rest of the world be open for business when it's convenient for me? Gosh, it is all about me after all (totally kidding...but really, it is.........kidding again).

Anyway, do any of you adults out there in this world have any advice? Lord, I can hardly take care of myself, I can't imagine taking care of a family on top of all this.

Mom and Dad...I have gained a new appreciation for what you do. I don't know how you did it, but you guys are amazing...and this further proves my theory from when I was little that yall have to be superheroes. Just no other way it's possible.

Be jealous, world. I have superhero parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment